1. Taken by Mike Well, this picture shows us the hand of an Ugandan Boy held by a missionary. This image strikes us a reminder about the disparity in this world.
2. It shows 9-year old girl fleeing from a village in Vietnam, after a napalm bomb was accidentally dropped on it by a plane of the Vietnam Air Force. The girl survived by tearing off her burning clothes.
3. Inside an Auschwitz gas chamber: which was used in Hitler‘s time to kill Jews, mostly women and innocent children. This image shows the nail scratches of the victims who were slowly suffocated to death by the poisonous gas.
4. A 12 year old Brazilian playing the violin at his teacher’s funeral. The teacher had helped him escape poverty and violence through music.
5. A 6 year-old boy, living in an orphanage in Austria rejoices and hugs a new pair of shoes given to him by the American Red Cross. (1946)
6. “Wait For Me Daddy,” by Claude P. Dettloff, October 1, 1940: A line of soldiers march in British Columbia on their way to a waiting train as five-year-old Whitey Bernard tugs away from his mother’s hand to reach out for his father
7. Terri Gurrola is reunited with her daughter after serving in Iraq for 7 months
8. Journalists Euna Lee and Laura Ling, who had been arrested in North Korea and sentenced to 12 years hard labor, are reunited with their families in California after a successful diplomatic intervention by the U.S.
9. Christians protect Muslims during prayer in the midst of the 2011 uprisings in Cairo, Egypt
10. A dog named “Leao” sits for a second consecutive day at the grave of her owner, who died in the disastrous landslides near Rio de Janiero in 2011.
11. Heart surgeon after 23-hour-long (successful) heart transplant. His assistant is sleeping in the corner.
12. Harold Whittles hears for the first time ever after a doctor places an earpiece in his left ear.This photo was taken by photographer Jack Bradley, and depicts the exact moment when this boy,hears for the very first time ever.
13. Hand of Hope – A unborn baby pulls out his hand out of the incision made in the uterus of his mother during an operation and suddenly grabs the hand of the surgeon. It made the surgeon cry and he couldn’t say or do anything for a few minutes.
14. 5 year old gypsy boy on New Year’s Eve 2006 in the gypsy community of St. Jacques, Perpignan, Southern France. It is quite common in St. Jacques for little boys to smoke
15. During massive floods in Cuttack City, India, in 2011, a heroic villager saved numerous stray cats by carrying them with a basket balanced on his head
16. Pictured here in this famous photograph we see a Jewish man, kneeling before a pit filled with bodies, about to be shot by a German soldier. This photograph was found among a German soldier’s photo album, and on the back was written the title “The Last Jew of Vinnitsa”.
17. An old WW2 Russian tank veteran finally found the old tank in which he passed through the entire war – standing in a small Russian town as a monument
18. Pele and British captain Bobby Moore trade jerseys in 1970 as a sign of mutual respect during a World Cup that had been marred by racism.
19. “La Jeune Fille a la Fleur,” a photograph by Marc Riboud, shows the young pacifist Jane Rose Kasmir planting a flower on the bayonets of guards at the Pentagon during a protest against the Vietnam War on October 21, 1967. The photograph would eventually become the symbol of the flower power movement.
20. The dead body of a child is dug out who died during the gas tragedy by Union Carbide in Bhopal.
21. A girl in isolation for radiation screening looks at her dog through a window in Nihonmatsu, Japan on March 14.
22. A French civilian cries in despair as Nazis occupy Paris during World War II.
23. A 4-month-old baby girl in a pink bear suit is miraculously rescued from the rubble by soldiers after four days missing following the Japanese tsunami.
24. A North Korean man waves his hand as a South Korean relative weeps, following a luncheon meeting during inter-Korean temporary family reunions at Mount Kumgang resort October 31, 2010. Four hundred and thirty-six South Koreans were allowed to spend three days in North Korea to meet their 97 North Korean relatives, whom they had been separated from since the 1950-53 war.
25. Jewish prisoners at the moment of their liberation from an internment camp “death train” near the Elbe in 1945.
26. A monk prays for an elderly man who had died suddenly while waiting for a train in Shanxi Taiyuan, China.
27. Zanjeer the dog saved thousands of lives during Mumbai serial blasts in March 1993 by detecting more than 3,329 kgs of the explosive RDX, 600 detonators, 249 hand grenades and 6406 rounds of live ammunition. He was buried with full honors in 2000
28. Sunset on Mars
29. A German World War II prisoner, released by the Soviet Union, is reunited with his daughter. The child had not seen her father since she was one year old.
Αναδημοσίευση απο (Reblogged from): 29 of The Most Influential Images of All Time.